Latest Current Affairs on 13 Feb 2021
Latest Current Affairs on 13 Feb 2021: Today there will be 5 Latest current affairs and news analysis. Get Latest Current Affairs on ALatestNews.
- Arjun Main Battle Tank
- Naturopathy Hospitals in Tribal Areas
- Core Sector in India
- Vigyan Jyoti 2nd Phase
1. Arjun Main Battle Tank
Arjun Main Battle Tank: This tank will be handover to the Indian Army by PM Modi, as it is manufactured in India by 15 academic institutions and 8 labs.
- Arjun Main Battle Tank is a 3rd generation powerful tank that is developed by the DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) and CVRDF.
- PM Modi will handover this Arjun Tank to the Indian Army.
- The tank named Arjun was the protagonist in Mahabharat.
2. Naturopathy Hospitals in Tribal Areas
AYUSH minister said “AYUSH does not maintain wise data of each state and Union Territories wise data of Naturopathy Hospitals.
- Public Health is a state/UT subject.
- AYUSH said that as a States/UTs need to set up the Naturopathy hospitals in their tribal area.
- National Institute of Naturopathy is under AYUSH which is also focusing on Naturopathy.
- Naturopathy is a type of natural cure where people focus on folk cure and vitalism rather thank focusing on EBM.
- Shripad Naik is the independent Minister of AYUSH.
- Full form of AYUSH is Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
NeGP-A: National e-Governance Plan in Agriculture aiming to bring speediness in Agriculture through ICT (Information and Communication Technology). This scheme was launched on 2010-11 in 7 pilot states and in 2014 it was increased for the remaining states and 2 UTs.
NeGP-A stands for National e-Governance Plan in Agriculture.
The NeGP-A aiming for rapid development in the Agriculture sector, It will be made easier by enabling the multiple delivery channels such as the Internet, Government Offices, Touch Screen Kiosks, Krishi Vigyan Kendras, Kisan Call Centres, Agri-Clinics, Common Service Centers, Mobile Phones, Broadcast, IVRS, etc.
NeGP-A was introduced for 7 states of India which were Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
4. Vigyan Jyoti 2nd Phase
Vigyan Jyoti 2nd phase was the theme of 11 Feb 2021 (International Day of Women and Girls in Science) Vigyan Jyoti was commenced for empowering girls and women in the sector of science, technology, engineering, and maths to take an interest.
2nd phase of Vigyan Jyoti was based on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
2nd phase of Vigyan Jyoti will cover 50 more districts and 1st Vigyan Jyoti was already covering 50 districts. Now it is working on 100 districts.
Prof. Ashutosh Sharma gave in a statement that the 2nd phase of Vigyan Jyoti will encourage and empower women inside. It will create curiosity in women toward STEM.
5. Core Sector in India
The core sector was a steep declined in April 2020, was getting decline but finally, now the growth rate of the Core Sector are recovering. The decline came in the Core Sector due to Covid-19 Epidemic.
There are 8 core sectors in India which are Electricity, Steel, Refinery products, Crude oil, Coal, Cement, Natural gas, Fertilizers.
Not only in India but also in other countries such as the USA, UK, Japan, and European Countries are a victim of the decline in growth. But after reforms in Covid-19, the recovery rate can be seen in India as well in these core sectors.
These schemes were launched by the Indian government to make India foundation strong.
- National Infrastructure Pipeline
- Make in India
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin
- PM Awaas Yojana (Urban)
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- Jal Jeevan Mission to provide ‘Har Ghar Jal’